For the latest info and photos, check us out on:
Thanks for your interest in Troop 94! For more than 25 years, Troop 94 has provided the benefits of the Scouting program for boys and adults. Our philosophy is that the a Troop should be boy-led and adult-supported; that leadership is learned through experience and coaching; and that adult participation in Scouting significantly improves a boy's experience and supports his personal growth.
We are a multi-year Gold level award winner in the BSA Journey To Excellence program, the home birthplace of dozens of Eagle Scouts over the last two decades, and are active campers, hikers, and servant leaders.
Our Troop 101
- We are an active troop with a focus on service and camping, with at least one of these activities every month. We meet every Monday from 7:00-8:30pm as a Troop, and our Patrol Leadership Council and Troop Committee meet once per month.
- Dues are $8/month and expenses for campouts are typically $25 for regular events, and increase for more elaborate activities. We fund-raise twice per year with the national Popcorn sale and a Troop BBQ sale in the spring; a portion of the proceeds from both goes into individual Scout accounts that can be used to pay for dues, campouts (including summer camp) or equipment. Scholarships are available if needed.
- We currently have more adults registered in the Troop than Scouts. This helps spread the considerable load in running a Troop among many hands; this work is coordinated at monthly Committee meetings. We have fun serving Scouts together, and welcome newcomers to register with BSA as a member of our Troop Committee.
- We organize our new Scouts into their own patrol mentored by a Troop Guide (an older Scout) and dedicated Assistant Scout Master (ASM).
- We recognize and encourage Scout involvement in other activities and do not view Scout advancement as a race.
- We have a robust Eagle Scout Honor Roll with over 25 years of experience in guiding youth to the pinnacle of Scouting.
Troop 94 participates in two fundraisers annually:
1. The Fall Popcorn Sale supporting Colonial Virginia Council
2. The Spring Troop 94 BBQ Fundraiser
Occasionally there are also individual fundraisers for Eagle Projects or High Adventure Campouts.
Boys interested in specific Merit Badges are encouraged to discuss their interest with the Scoutmaster at any time to get started.
Courts of Honor
A Court of Honor occurs four times a year - March, June, Sept and Dec. All Scouts and parents should attend these events to honor the Scouts and Scouters who work so hard throughout the year to earn advancements and awards and make the troop run smoothly.
Order of the Arrow
The Order of the Arrow (OA) is an honor camper Brotherhood chartered by the Boy Scouts of America. Its purpose is to recognize and honor those campers who best live up to the Scout Oath or Promise and Scout Law in their daily lives and to guide them in expanding the service that has made them outstanding. We actively participate and have several active scouts and adult leaders at an given time in OA.