For the latest info and photos, check us out on:
Thanks for your interest in Troop 94! For more than 25 years, Troop 94 has provided the benefits of the Scouting program for boys and adults. Our philosophy is that the a Troop should be boy-led and adult-supported; that leadership is learned through experience and coaching; and that adult participation in Scouting significantly improves a boy's experience and supports his personal growth.
We are a multi-year Gold level award winner in the BSA Journey To Excellence program, the home birthplace of dozens of Eagle Scouts over the last two decades, and are active campers, hikers, and servant leaders.
Our Troop 101
- We are an active troop with a focus on service and camping, with at least one of these activities every month. We meet every Monday from 7:00-8:30pm as a Troop, and our Patrol Leadership Council and Troop Committee meet once per month.
- Dues are $8/month and expenses for campouts are typically $25 for regular events, and increase for more elaborate activities. Scholarships are available if needed.
- We fund-raise twice per year with the national Popcorn sale and a Troop BBQ sale in the spring; a portion of the proceeds from both goes into individual Scout accounts that can be used to pay for dues, campouts (including summer camp) or equipment. Occasionally there are also individual fundraisers to help defer costs for Eagle Projects or High Adventure Campouts.
- We organize our new Scouts into their own patrol mentored by a Troop Guide (an older Scout) and dedicated Assistant Scout Master (ASM).
- We recognize and encourage Scout involvement in other activities and do not view Scout advancement as a race.
- We have a robust Eagle Scout Honor Roll with over 25 years of experience in guiding youth to the pinnacle of Scouting.
How are scouts recognized for their achievements? Troop 94 holds a Court of Honor four times a year - March, June, Sept and Dec. All Scouts and parents are invited to attend these events to honor the Scouts and Scouters who work so hard throughout the year to earn advancements, merit badges and other awards.
Does Troop 94 encourage participation in Order of the Arrow? The Order of the Arrow (OA) is an honor camper Brotherhood chartered by the Boy Scouts of America. Its purpose is to recognize and honor those campers who best live up to the Scout Oath or Promise and Scout Law in their daily lives and to guide them in expanding the service that has made them outstanding. Scouts in Troop 94 actively participate in OA and we have several active scouts and adult leaders at an given time.